For the past 30 years, November has been celebrated in the US as Native American Indian Heritage Month. We have assembled a variety of digital resources from FCIT’s collections to support classroom activities related to Native American Indian heritage. The collections and artifacts below include:
- High school level audiobooks and reading passages.
- The Gran Quivira iBook is suitable for middle and high school students and includes information about the Puebloan People of the American Southwest.
- Native American music can be used at all levels.
- The maps can introduce an exploration of how tribes were removed westward as the colonies and then states, expanded.
- The illustrations can be used for activities around historic events, cultural practices, and Native American artifacts.
- Reading passages on Native Americans in Florida at the upper elementary reading level.